Applicants must be eligible to work in the specified location
Job Requisition ID: 3545
The Sr. Financial Analyst is responsible for supporting management reporting, budgeting, forecasting and analysis for the Global Supply Chain organization (or sub-organization) to measure the health of operations relative to goals, targets and budgets. Specific duties will include: compilation of the annual budget, monthly forecasts, monthly reporting packages, variance analysis, dashboard reporting, projects, and ad-hoc analysis to provide decision support for senior leadership. This position has high visibility across multiple departments within the company to consolidate multiple data points, analyze and review inputs, and subsequently provide clear and concise information to provide management the information needed to be able run the business.
- Development of the annual budget as well as periodic forecasts related to key financials data such as revenue, cost of goods sold, inventory, purchases, etc.
- Measurement of daily, monthly, and quarterly financial and supply chain process results
- Measurement and presentation of key performance indicators relative to goals, targets, budgets and trends.
- Creation of new metrics and scorecards through collecting, analyzing data and identifying trends
- Ongoing ad hoc analysis of data and information to identify areas of performance and financial risks and opportunities. Presentation of findings sufficiently far enough in advance to provide senior level management the visibility and lead time to exploit opportunities and/or mitigate risk
- Prepare presentations for senior leadership as requested
- Data mining to support variance analyses and research
- Value-add financial model and/or business case development to identify potential benefits/risks to the company
- Automation/improvement of measurement and reporting tools to improve efficiency
- Enhancement of existing or development of new measurement tools to fill performance measurement requirement
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or Supply Chain Management
- 3-5 years of experience in a related Finance or Supply Chain role focusing on budgeting, planning, forecasting and analysis.
- Advanced skills and experience in MS Office Suite, including demonstrated use of Excel in a professional environment (use of pivot tables, vLookup function, and other Excel functions and modeling tools
- Proficiency in Access, PowerPoint, & Word
- Understanding of variance analysis and financial performance monitoring
- Ability to summarize clearly and concisely financial analysis results, and the ability to explain the meaning and implications in varying levels of detail depending on the audience
- Analytical skills with a high degree of accuracy and ability to meet deadlines
- Strict attention to detail and intensity around consistently delivering high quality outputs
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to think outside of the box and desire to continuously improve
- Presentation/facilitation skills
- Master's Degree (MBA, Finance, or Accounting)
Existing knowledge of SQL
Experience with SAP ERP, SAP HANA, SAP BW, SAP BPC
- Might be in a stationary position for a considerable time (sitting and/or standing).
- The person in this position needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (NASDAQ:HMHC) is a global learning company dedicated to changing people's lives by fostering passionate, curious learners. As a leading provider of pre-K-12 education content, services, and cutting-edge technology solutions across a variety of media, HMH enables learning in a changing landscape. HMH is uniquely positioned to create engaging and effective educational content and experiences from early childhood to beyond the classroom. HMH serves more than 50 million students in over 150 countries worldwide, while its award-winning children's books, novels, non-fiction, and reference titles are enjoyed by readers throughout the world.
For more information, visit
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
Orlando, Florida, United States of America
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
2/17/2017 12:30:14 PM
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support
giving the advertiser's name and job reference.