Kinsale is an Excess & Surplus lines insurer specializing in hard-to-place, small to medium sized commercial accounts. Kinsale is eligible in all states and writes a variety of Property, Casualty and Specialty lines through fifteen underwriting divisions. Given the experience of our staff and our control over the underwriting and claims processes, Kinsale offers unmatched underwriting flexibility to brokers placing difficult ES accounts. Kinsale will consider offering terms on a wide range of risks including accounts with new or high hazard operations and businesses that have a poor loss history or that are located in high risk venues.
To develop, manage and grow a book of business for profitability and production. Assist in creation of underwriting guidelines, coverage forms, endorsements and rates. Oversee the technical and operational aspects of book management. Managing underwriting staff, including training and mentoring. Analyzes various rate plans utilizing a company's claims history to determine the appropriate rate plan and benefits costs. Active hands on involvement with day-to-day quoting of the business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Development of coverage forms, rates and guidelines.
- Oversee agency management for the Division.
- Prospect agents and participate in appointment and closure of agents.
- Work with agency partners for production and profitability.
- Plan, communicate, and train agents to meet business goals.
- Travel to agents as needed.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection process to ensure the organization has the necessary talent to accomplish business goals.
- Management responsibility for underwriting staff, including training, development and mentoring.
- Liaison with other departments to resolve issues and create business efficiencies.
- Maintain the underwriting guide, rates, and forms.
- Liaison with internal/external auditors.
- Participate in strategic and tactical planning.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or 5+ years related insurance experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience creating a product/managing a Public Entity Division and/or 3-5 years of Public Entity Underwriting experience, including Public Officials, Police Professionals, School Board and General Liability.
- Clear understanding and vision of the E&S marketplace and distribution channels.
- Effective leadership skills with a sound influence in dealing with challenging situations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent working rapport with wholesale/retail brokerage community.
- Working relationships with third parties
- Ability to travel at least 25% of the time.
- Advanced working knowledge of computer programs, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
*We offer a comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental, life, disability, PTO, 401(k) and more. This position offers bonus potential that is best in class.
Kinsale has been named as one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia for the sixth consecutive year by Virginia Business and the Best Companies Group.
Richmond Virginia, United States of America
1/18/2017 8:02:50 AM
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support
giving the advertiser's name and job reference.