- Work as a team member of the California Service Center (CSC) which is the Membership Accounting and Contracts Administration functions for the California Division.
- The overall objectives of this position is to perform the account maintenance, billing, reconciliation, reporting and customer service related activities.
- Duties also include performing database maintenance and research tasks to support the contracts administration, cash control operations and assignment of medical record numbers, to generate and distribute contracts and member I.D. cards, to provide facilities support and to enter documents into the workflow imaging system.
- Identifying, researching and reconciling billing payments amounts to ensure accurate eligibility determination, payment, revenue and membership records Setting up and maintaining member data including but not limited to processing enrollments, corrections, retroactivity adjustments and terminations
- Supporting eligibility inquiries
- Ensuring bills are correct and mailed timely
- Interacting with purchaser benefit administrators to answer questions and explain Health Plan policy and contractual provisions related to membership and billing.
- Resolving related problems
- Assisting Health Plan purchaser contacts and sales and service representatives in the sales process and the analysis and resolution of problems related to membership accounting
- Conducting audits of purchasers with large payment variances, unallocated payments or other specified criteria.
- Resolving payment discrepancies and delinquencies
- Ensuring purchasers compliance with Health Plan policies and contractual provisions
- Preparing reports and managing purchaser correspondence
- Receiving, entering data, reviewing, researching balancing, and applying daily purchaser deposits and sources from the bank in a timely and accurate fashion
- Assisting with the production and distribution of payment-related reports required by purchasers and management, and by operating and maintaining printers and other related peripheral equipment
- Supporting Medicare processing and reporting requirements
- Ensuring that changes to contract are quickly and accurately updated in the contract systems
- Assisting with the production and distribution of contracts and related notices for new and renewing purchasers and individuals
- Answering, researching, issuing and resolving problems related to medical records numbers (MRN) and performing any required follow up activities on a 24 hour per day, 7 day a week basis.
- Processing purchasers eligibility reported electronically by coordinating the exchange of media with groups and Information Services, resolving problems, maintaining and operating related equipment and maintaining supporting logs/records
- Identifying, coding, batching, scanning and indexing documents for imaging
- Providing office services support including but not limited to picking up, sorting and delivering mail, filing and retrieving documents, ordering and distributing office supplies, performing miscellaneous facilities maintenance tasks and providing photocopying and copier maintenance
- Working with internal and external customers and vendors to resolve any issues related to support services activities
- Collecting and monitoring productivity and customer service quality measures
- Participating team-based projects and contributing to customer service and operations improvements initiatives
- Assisting with training as required
- Facilitating communications across all lines of business and with other departments
- Participating in purchasers performance evaluations and performance target setting activities
- Perform other duties as they are assigned
- Minimum of 2 years experience in accounting, finance or related field preferred
- Proficiency in math, data entry, typing, spelling and grammar
- Bachelors degree required (Finance, Accounting or related)
- Strong MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
San Diego California, United States of America
Contract to Hire
1/18/2017 11:10:34 AM
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support
giving the advertiser's name and job reference.