Applicants must be eligible to work in the specified location
Project Manager (Contract) - Telco/Inside Plant/Fibre - London
Key Skills: Project manager, Telecoms, Prince2, DC Power, Fibre Connectivity, Colocation, POP.
Contract Length: 6 months
An experienced telecoms Project Manager with specific Inside Plant Experiences is required by this provider of Global Telecoms Services.
This position is responsible for coordinating, implementing and managing inside plant construction activities using typically standard configurations to support network and customer opto-electronic equipment and other telecommunication services within POP facilities and 3rd party colocation sites throughout their EMEA network.
Duties will include developing and evaluating solutions and alternatives for pre-sales support, estimating and developing cost effective infrastructure plans for capacity requirements and establishing project timelines. This person will coordinate and implement approved infrastructure plans for network and customer orders, working with contractors and cross-functionally with internal resources in Field Engineering, Fibre Engineering and Outside Plant personnel, along with Project Managers, Facility circuit designers and Pre-Sales Support.
You be responsible for managing an RFP process for all contractor work being performed. You will also manage material purchasing for all projects and validating on-going expenses as well as being a central point of contact within the EMEA network region for responding to inside plant activities and any related problem-solving.
Previous experiences of maintaining projects within budget scope and prepare weekly reports detailing status of projects with respective teams and management. This position will require 10-20% travel.
- Demonstrated experience in Inside Plant construction.
- Proficient in project management of tight timelines and schedules.
- Exceptional attention to detail and multitasking abilities are a must.
- Proven experience with DC Power Plant systems, fiber connectivity and cabling.
- Familiarity of telecommunications transport equipment.
- Familiarity of Outside Plant Construction
- Ability to communicate technical topics clearly and effectively with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated investigational and problem solving skills.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, Visio, AutoCAD and Google Docs.
- Knowledge of SalesForce, GE SmallWorld, Cramer/Metasolv is a plus.
- Strong work ethic and ability to manage effectively multiple projects simultaneously.
Apply now for full details.
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support
giving the advertiser's name and job reference.