As a leading global bank with roots in Germany, we're driving change and innovation in the industry - championing integrity, sustainable performance and innovation with our clients, and redefining our culture and relationships with each other. With operations in over 70 countries, we encourage our people to think for themselves and reward integrity. Our large but focused footprint gives us a strong position in Europe plus a significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We offer clients commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking as well as ground-breaking asset and wealth management products and services. So if you're talented, collaborative and curious about building an exciting career in finance, you're exactly the type of person who might succeed in our organisation.
Our technology teams are responsible for the Bank's entire information technology ("IT") infrastructure, and the development, implementation, and protection of the software required to support all of the Bank's businesses. We move over EUR 1.6 trillion across the Bank's platforms, support thousands of trading desks, and enable millions of banking transactions, share trades and emails every day.
With award-winning mobile banking apps and trading systems, our technology platforms help Deutsche Bank deliver high quality products to clients. Naturally, we make sure that the phones work, emails are delivered and PCs run - but we also develop collaboration platforms and workspaces that help our people share their knowledge, expertise and passion for our business.
Developments in technology are changing the way we communicate, work and think. Join us here, and you'll constantly be looking ahead. We'll look to you to capitalize on new technological trends that can reshape our business and deliver value for our clients, whilst still meeting the demands of customers, regulators and the markets.
In your role as Windows Engineer you will be joining the Windows Engineering team, which provides engineering, consultancy, strategic direction and escalation support around the Windows Server OS and associated technologies.
- Engineering and escalation support of the Windows Server OS, Windows Server Core Build and Delivery System and associated technologies
- Design and contribution to design of strategic technical infrastructure
- Involvement where necessary in design of additional technical controls
- An appreciation of business deadlines and priorities balanced with best security practices and working methods
- Understanding of risk analysis and assessment
- Documentation of process and concepts to assist in even distribution of knowledge
- Liaising with operational Windows systems teams as we introduce technical controls that reduce operational risks that flow from privileged access rights utilised in the normal day-to-day management of Windows platforms
Skills and Qualifications:
- Very strong technical background with proven in-depth Windows Server OS knowledge.
- Experience with Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2008 R2 required
- Experience with Windows Server 2016 is beneficial
- Broad knowledge of various Information Technology (IT) systems not just Windows
- IT Security should be part of everything you do
- Configuration Management experience such as Puppet or Ansible is beneificial
- Excellent Scripting skills including experience in vbScript, Powershell
- Good development skills; C#, VB.NET
- Familiar with automated OS deployment
- Good general networking; TCP/IP
- Proactively look to identify and improve existing processes and practices within the environment
- Proven experience of large-scale server environments.
- Experience working in a geographically and culturally diverse organisation
- You will come from a financial services environment or have (and be able to clearly articulate) a directly transferable and relevant industry experience
- Have a deep technical understanding in one or more of our core products
- Experience working with other Engineering teams, as well as operational and project teams, in the planning and implementation of major project work
- Able to demonstrate a strong engineering mindset throughout the project life cycle
- Good understanding of programming and Scripting, with the ability to create targeted, ad-hoc custom solutions to specific problems as well as the ability to design and write larger-scale applications able to function on a large server estate
- Understand the SOA paradigm, web services, and API design
- Excellent communication skills
- Clear understanding of the ITIL processes and an understanding of Incident, Problem, and Change Management
- An expert and a technical leader in key areas of your skills
- Team player and inspire others around you to meet your high standards and levels of diligence
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital/civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.
Please note that for the duration of this assignment you will be working as an external resource engaged by Resource Solutions based on site at Deutsche Bank.