Help: Searching for a job
- Search for multiple keywords or phrases by separating them with spaces or commas:
Examples:Java C++ HTML
Java, North Sydney
- Search for combined words or phrases by enclosing the words within quotation marks:
- Find partial word matches by using wildcards:
Examples:Develop* (search for developer, development etc.)
Manag* (search for manager, management etc.)
Consult* (search for consultant, consulting etc.)
- Make your searches more effective by using Boolean search techniques (learn more):
Examples:Java AND HTML
Sydney OR ACT
Manager NOT Sales
Engineer AND (ACT OR Sydney)
What is Enhanced view?
- The ‘Enhanced’ view provides a number of extra features and enhancements to greatly improve your job searching speed and efficiency.
- The greatest benefit is that everything is displayed for you on one single page - so you can search, browse, review and apply without ever changing pages.
- The search layout is divided into three main areas – Refinements, Results and Job Details.
- The Refinements area can be collapsed to optimise your screen space.
- As you navigate down the Results, the highlighted job will appear in the Job Details panel, allowing the job to be reviewed without the need to click the job.
- As you navigate through the Results the next set of jobs will be loaded automatically without having to click ‘Next Page’ links.
- The Results and Job Detail areas can be made wider or narrower to suit your requirements.
Please note - if you are unable to access the Enhanced view, you may be using an unsupported web browser (e.g. IE7). In which case, we highly recommend that you upgrade to a newer version.
Did you know?
You can use your keyboard's Up and Down arrow keys to move between jobs.
When a more detailed job requires scrolling, you can also use the Right and Left arrow keys to switch focus from the Results panel to the Job Detail panel.
What is Classic view?
- Classic view provides all of the familiar essentials that you would expect from our Job Search, such as paged search results and full screen job detail/application pages.
At the top of the search results you will be able to save your search in a number of ways:
Saving a search will allow you to quickly perform the same search again the next time you visit the website. Saved searches can be easily accessed by viewing the "Saved Searches" tab whilst logged in to your Job Seeker profile. For easy access they are also available on the left side of search results.
Jobs by Email
Receive email notifications for results matching your search criteria, you can choose to receive immediate notifications or a daily summary.
Generate an RSS feed matching your search criteria for use on your preferred RSS feed reader or portable device.
To perform a job search across many international countries within one single search, you will need to include your preferred countries using the link provided in the search box "Add more countries"
Improve the effectiveness of your searches by using one or more of the following three Boolean search terms:
Results must include all words before and after the AND
Examples:Java AND HTML
Java AND HTML AND Sydney
Results must include either word from each side of the OR
Examples:Java OR HTML
Sydney OR "North Ryde"
Results must not include words that follow the NOT
Examples:Manager NOT Sales
NSW NOT Sydney
A variety of different Boolean terms can be included within the same search string; however you may need to include brackets to change the order of precedence:
(Java OR HTML) AND London
(Java AND HTML) AND (Sydney OR ACT)
Java AND (Developer OR Engineer)
Improve the effectiveness of your searches by using one or more of the following three Math symbols:
The following word is a must-have
Example:+Java +HTML (must have Java AND HTML)
The following word is desirable
Example:.Sydney .ACT (must have Sydney OR ACT)
The following word must be excluded
Example:+Manager -Sales (must have Manager but NOT Sales)