Looking for Talented Professionals.
Who can relate to a kindergartener.
The ability to work in a team, the expertise to tackle any challenge and the drive to produce better outcomes. At Akron Children's, we take this foundation and build something exceptional together. Our culture combines the joys of working with children with evidence-based medicine. As a member of our team, you'll use your talents, skills and personality to make a positive impact in the communities we serve.
Akron Children's is the largest pediatric provider in northeast Ohio. With two pediatric hospitals, and 17 primary care and 67 pediatric specialty locations, we handle more than 600,000 patient visits a year. We also serve as a major teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University, and offer a number of pediatric subspecialty fellowship programs.
From the way we build connections with our patients to the way we push the limits of medicine, working here is a one-of-a-kind experience.
Awards & Recognition
Our commitment to excellence has earned local, regional and national recognition:
- Recognized as a Best Children's Hospital in eight subspecialties for 2012-2013 by U.S. News & World Report
- Received Magnet Recognition Status for nursing excellence from the American Nurses Credentialing Center
- NorthCoast 99 award from the Employers Resource Council for being one of the best places to work in northeast Ohio
- The Showers Family Center for Childhood Cancer and Blood Disorders: Approved as a pediatric cancer teaching center by the American College of Surgeons (ACS); also awarded a three-year accreditation with commendation from the Commission on Cancer of the ACS, its highest possible award
- The Haslinger Family Pediatric Palliative Care Center: Recognized as one of only two full-service pediatric palliative care programs in the United States
- The Paul and Carol David Foundation Burn Institute: One of only two burn centers in the United States based in a children's hospital to treat adults and children. Also verified as a Level I Trauma Center, the highest designation a burn unit can receive by the American College of Surgeons
- One of the largest freestanding pediatric facilities in the United States
Live Life to the Fullest
To us, your personal well-being is just as important as the time you spend at Akron Children's Hospital. We believe a great work/life balance is the key to our unique work environment filled with enthusiasm, camaraderie and the joys of working with children.
Benefits and perks for part- and full-time employees may include: Health & Dental Insurance Plans, 403(b) Matched Savings Plan & 401(a) Retirement Savings Plan, Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, Annual Salary Increase, On-Site Sick Child Care; Generous Tuition Assistance, Employee Learning Center and much more.
Akron Children's is brimming with the latest techniques, state-of-the-art pediatric equipment and top experts. But what makes us extraordinary is your passion - for children, for our mission and for your field. We invite you to explore the exciting opportunities to join our team by visiting us at our website.
Part of what makes the culture at Akron Children's Hospital so special is our location. The amazing communities we serve inspire us to think bigger, reach further and try harder for every patient and family. Working and living in northeast Ohio truly shapes who we are and how we come together to deliver outstanding care.
Northeast Ohio's mix of vibrant cities and quaint small towns; its highly ranked public and private schools, colleges and universities; and its low cost of living make this an ideal place to call home. The region offers a delightful array of cultural amenities - EJ Thomas Performing Arts Hall, the Butler Institute of American Art and the spectacular Blossom Music Center, summer home of the world-renowned Cleveland Orchestra - to name just a few. And there's more - an eclectic collection of museums, theatres and musical venues is just a short drive away in Cleveland.
Year-round opportunities for active lifestyles also make this a great area to live: running, hiking and cycling trails through breathtaking parks; spectacular golf courses; skiing, snowboarding and ice skating venues for winter sports enthusiasts; and much more. Spectator sports abound as well, with a variety exciting professional and college sports teams that call northeast Ohio home.
From Summit County's spectacular MetroParks to Lake Erie's scenic shores, from Akron's Art Museum to Cleveland's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, our educational, cultural, recreational and entertainment offerings are sure to delight.